Click on the 'LABELS' below to find all the posts you are interested in!

Click on the 'LABELS' below to find all the posts you are interested in!

Friday 26 August 2011

Meal of the Month: Chicken, Broccoli & Nuts


Since I have been on this new diet plan this basic dish makes up 3 of my meals each day so I thought It would be great idea to have it as August's meal of the month.

After slicing up my chicken breast I lightly sprinkle some seasoning all over, I tend to use different ones because it would get very boring as I'm eating it three times per day.



Next I heat up a non-stick pan for a few minutes and then spray the pan 5 times with my 1 calorie oil that I have recently starting using. 




While the chicken starts to cook Ill throw some fresh broccoli in some boiling water and cook this until slightly soft.



Once the chicken is cooked through and has a nice charred texture I weigh out 130g and then weigh out 200g of the broccoli. All left to do is add 30g of Brazil nuts and the dish is complete.

This is a low carb, high protein and moderate fat dish that is perfect for a keto diet. Even though it sounds strange I actually really still enjoy this meal.

3 comments:

  1. even better if you steam the broccoli rather than boil it and also good with mashed cauliflower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I am sarting to enjoy it buddy:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also tried this, it is really good. Thanks Anonymous....

    ReplyDelete