Click on the 'LABELS' below to find all the posts you are interested in!

Click on the 'LABELS' below to find all the posts you are interested in!

Wednesday 17 August 2011

My Keto Diet & Training Part 1

My training and diet is going really well, I'm on a keto diet consisting of high protein and fats and under 50grams of carbs per day. The purpose of this diet is to get my body to start using fats that I'm eating/stored as energy and to help maintain my muscle mass. So far all my cravings for junk food have gone and my fat levels of dropped a lot.

I have been on this plan for nearly 7 weeks and have gone from 89.5kg to 84.5kg and I have lost 2.5 inches off my waist. My other body parts such as arms, chest etc have all stayed the same so I'm very pleased so far and my abs are finally coming out of hiding lol!!!

So in this part I'm going to go over my diet so you all can see what I have been eating and in the 2nd part I will go over my training routine.

I have tried a lot of diets over the years but I have never had such great results on such high calories, on training days I have been on 3000kcal and none training days 2600kcal which is a massive amount for a guy my size, anyway this is my daily diet with my post shake at the end only taken on training days. I must also point out all of my food has all been weighed so the numbers are all exactly what I have eaten!!!

Meal 1= 30g Brazil nuts, x2 eggs, x2 scoops of Fitness Authority casein

Meal 2= 130g chicken breast, 200g green veg & 30g Brazil nuts

Meal 3= Same as meal 2

Meal 4= Same as meal 2

Meal 5= 130g Fish/Steak, 200g green veg & 3 eggs

Meal 6= x2 scoops of Fitness Authority casein & 10mg of Omega 3,6, & 9 Oil

Post Shake= x1 scoop of casein, x2 scoops of USN 100% whey, 15g of glutamine & 10mg of omega oil!

My energy levels have been great and my strength in the gym has been maintained which was a major concern when I took up this plan but for me it has been fantastic! After my holiday I'm going to follow a similar plan but drop my fats slightly and add in some carbs coming from oats for breakfast and before gym and maybe some sweets post workout!

Keep an eye out for my training routine in the next few weeks!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment